Air Show Highlights
“THE ULTIMATE VICTORY, AirShow San Diego Commemorates the 70th Anniversary of America’s Triumph in WWII, and Salutes our Veterans’ Devotion and Sacrifice in conflicts since 1945″
This year’s “AirShow San Diego” (formerly known as “Wings Over Gillespie”) will feature a representative collection of aircraft and acts to support the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII
Don’t miss San Diego’s largest civilian-run airshow!!!
Return engagement and invited aircraft (subject to change): P-38 “23 Skidoo”, P-51s, B-25, F4U Corsair, Aichi D3A ‘Val’, SNJ, C-47, 99’s with Julie Clarke in her T-34 Aerobatic routine, and return performances by John Collver’s SNJ “War Dog” and the Red Eagles Formation Flight Team. The local military has been invited to display the current military aircraft at the show. A mock battle with “Pyro” will be flown both days. Numerous additional aircraft will also be on ground display.
- T-6, C-47 & Helicopter Rides Available
- Mock Dogfight w/ Pyro
- Static Vintage, Antique, and WWII Aircraft
- Beer Area featuring Anheuser Busch regular & craft beers
- Flight Line Chalet Seating!!!
- NEW!! Photographers Friday Night Sunset Access.
- Photographers Saturday Pass w/ exclusive access & P-38 Photo Shoot.
- Classic Hot Rods and Show Cars
- Free Kids Zone
- Musical Guests including: Millionaire Beach Bums
- Opportunity Drawing to win a Warbird Ride!!
- Opportunity Drawing to win a P-51 Pedal Plane
- Free Shuttle from Gillespie Field Trolley Station (green line) to Main Gate.
- $5 Parking
“AirShow San Diego” is a once-a-year family event with a FREE Kid’s Zone including educational displays, a variety of food and beverages, classic cars, a beer area, and plenty of vintage aircraft on display and in the air that will add up to a great summer weekend for all.
“AirShow San Diego” takes place Saturday and Sunday, June 20th and 21st, 2015 at Gillespie Field, El Cajon, California. Parking will be available at a reasonable cost near the admission gate. Gates open 9 am to 5 pm.
*All single day use tickets are good only for the day issued, and Multi-Day Passes are good for both days. All tickets are non-refundable if the show is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.