When: April 23 -October 29, 2014
Wednesday evenings, 5pm to 8 pm
October 29 (Trunk or Treat)
Where: Main Street and Magnolia Ave, Downtown
El Cajon, CA (map)
Phone: (619) 334-3000
More info: Event website
Car Cruise Highlights
Located in El Cajon, CA, The Cajon Classic Cruise is Southern California’s largest weekly car show, attended by over 50,000 people each year. Each week will feature a different theme, including Muscle Car Mania, Vintage Vans, Flames of Main and much more. The classic cruise runs every Wednesday from April through September. Beyond that, there are two special holiday events: Hauntfest on Main in October, and Parade of Lights in December.
Visitors will again see great classic cars and enjoy fun activities! Opening Night, there will be a vintage aircraft flyover by San Diego’s Air Group One, based at Gillespie Field, to kick off the festivities. The band Breez’n will be performing, and kids will enjoy a super slide and face painting!
Centered at Prescott Promenade, the city’s downtown park, the event will spread out over several blocks, where people can enjoy the classic cars and motorcycles, DJs and live entertainment, street vendors, downtown shops and restaurants.
Trophies will be awarded each week in several categories. Classic cars 1979 or older can enter just by parking in and around the show area.
The show is presented by Sycuan Casino and the Downtown El Cajon Business Partners.
2014 Car Show Schedule:
- April 23: Opening Night! – Full Street Closure
- April 30: El Camino – vs – Ranchero
- May 7: Topples Night!
- May 14: Snake & Mongoose DVD Release Party & Reunion
- May 21: Rat Rod Rally
- May 28: Fast & Furious, Honoring the late Paul Walker & Roger Rodas
- June 4: Salute to the Military
- June 11: Bike Nite
- June 18: Funny Cars & Friends
- June 25: Charger Steve’s Starz Carz
- July 2: American Muscle
- July 9: Extreme Horsepower
- July 16: Off Road Madness – Full Street Closure
- July 23: A tribute to El Cajon’s Jimmie Johnson
- July 30: Camaro -vs- Mustang
- Aug 6: Vintage police cruisers & Fire Trucks
- Aug 13: Cajon Speed Week
- Aug 20: T-Buckets Galore
- Aug 27: In Memory of Cajon Speedway
- Sept 3: 50th Anniversary Party for the Mustang
- Sept 10: Corvette -Vs- Porsche
- Sept 17: British Invasion
- Sept 24: Charger Steve’s 200th Cruise celebration
- Oct 1: Thunder On Main – Full Street Closure
- Oct 8: Truck Mania
- Oct 15: Wagons Gone Wild
- Oct 22: The Best of the Best
- Oct 29: Trunk or Treat – Full Street Closure