When: June 7 – July 6, 2014
(The Fair will be closed Mondays and the first two Tuesdays)
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds
2260 Jimmy Durante Boulevard
Del Mar, CA (map)
Phone: (858) 755-1161
24-hour recorded information:
More info: Events website
Enjoy the San Diego County Fair, while saving money on admission, rides, attractions, food and parking. Below are different ways to save, including Our Best Pass Ever, Pay-One-Price Ride Day, Tuesday is Kids’ Day, PennySaver Value Days, off-site parking, and a free shuttle to the Del Mar Fairgrounds, and more.
Save on Admission
• Come with your friends! Save on admission when you come with a group. Please see the Group Sales page for details, and gather your friends together for maximum savings!
• In the military? Buy your tickets on base and save!
• Get the Best Pass Ever! You know you can’t see everything at the Fair in just one day, so here’s your opportunity for big savings with the Best Pass Ever! Just $24 buys one person admission to all 24 days of the Fair; regularly $14 each day (adult admission). On sale now at the Fairgrounds or online through July 5 (one day before the Fair ends). Or, head to a San Diego County Albertsons store to buy one, though June 6 (the day before the Fair opens).
• Passport to Savings — This booklet has more than $1,000 in promotional savings at the Fair and around San Diego County. They range from a free ticket to return to the Fair (a $14 value) to discounts on Fair food, rides, games and products! Lots of great deals outside the Fair, too. The Passport to Savings is available every day during the Fair at a bargain price of $5 per book. You can also buy it in advance at a discount. For more info see the Passport to Savings page.
• Albertsons / Sav-on $4 Fair Days — Come to the Fair for just $4 on Saturday, June 7 and Wednesday, June 11. Regular adult admission is $14; senior and child admission is $8, so this is a huge savings. These tickets are available now, only at San Diego County Albertsons/Sav-on stores. They are not sold at the Fairgrounds.
• $10 minimum purchase required.
• Each ticket valid for one day.
• Children 5 and younger are admitted free every day and do not require tickets.
• Save $2 on adult admission tickets at Albertsons / Sav-on: Adult admission tickets are just $12 at Albertsons / Sav-on stores. Albertsons / Sav-on also has regular-price senior ($8; 62 and older) and children’s ($8, ages 6-12) tickets. No minimum purchase required for these tickets.
You also can buy the Best Pass Ever (see above) at Albertsons / Sav-on through June 6, and get discount coupons for the Pepsi Pay-One-Price Ride Day promotion, which is explained farther down this page.
• Visit a San Diego County Ford dealer and get four adult admission tickets for $32! That’s $8 each, nearly a 50-percent discount from the at-the-window price! (Tickets valid weekdays only.)
• Visit a San Diego County Toyota dealer and get a 2-for-1 adult admission coupon! Visit a Toyota dealership to get a coupon valid for two adult admissions. That’s a $14 savings! (Tickets valid weekdays only.)
• Fair admission and the San Diego International Beer Festival, Friday through Sunday, June 21-23. Sample handcrafted brews from around the world. Visit the San Diego International Beer Festival page, located here, for further details
• Enter a Competitive Exhibits One-Day Contest: Enter a one-day Entry Department contests, and you get free admission to the Fair. (Not all contests offered at the Fair offer free admission, so please read the additional details.)
• Be our guest if you’ve been laid off work
If you have been unemployed in the last 12 months, you and one guest can come to the Fair free. This offer also is available for “Golden State ADVANTAGE” card holders. Present an unemployment check stub (indicating a date between July 2012–June 2013) or your EDD debit card, with a photo ID, or your Golden State ADVANTAGE card, at the will-call window next to the O’Brien Gate. Offer good only on June 18 and June 25.
• Kids’ Day! Every Tuesday, June 24 and July 1
Children 12 and younger are admitted free. (Admission for ages 6-12 other days is $8.)
• Read and get in free! Children 12 and younger who read 10 or more books, verified by a teacher or librarian, get free admission any day of the Fair. (Regular child’s admission is $8.) Click here for details and to print out the certificate.
Save on Rides
• Come on Pepsi Pay-One-Price Ride Day: Want to enjoy the rides all day long for one price? You can, on select Wednesdays and Thursdays, and during the early days of the Fair.
• Game discounts: Purchase $20 worth of Midway game tickets for only $10, on sale now through June 6. Value of each ticket is $1; most games require multiple tickets. Play games for $1 on select Wednesdays and Thursdays during Pepsi Pay-One Price Ride promotion.
Enjoy the Free Attractions
• Enjoy the shows: Entertainment on nine stages, plus daily animal or motor sports shows in the Del Mar Arena. Nationally known entertainers are featured nightly on the Heineken Grandstand Stage and the Ford Dealers Paddock Stage. All entertainment is free with admission, with the exception of a few Grandstand shows.
• Enjoy the exhibits:The Fair’s Competitive Exhibits are free with admission. Enjoy the amazing creations made, grown or baked by your neighbors!
• Surfside Race Place, the Fairgrounds’ race book facility, lets you place a wager on horse races from all over the country, watch your horse cross the finish line, and collect your winnings! Also, you can enjoy a sit-down lunch in air-conditioned comfort at Surfside Race Place, near the Del Mar Arena, Thursdays through Sundays. Surfside Race Place is open every day the Fair is open, except Tuesdays, and admission is included with Fair admission.
Save on Food
• Bring your lunch: Yes, it’s allowed, with these restrictions: No alcohol, glass containers or metal knives of any kind. Beverages must be in factory-sealed containers (you may bring an empty container to fill once you have passed the security check).
• Buy your child a Kids Meal at selected Meal Deal vendors. The discounted meal includes an entrée, side dish and drink, plus a child’s admission to local attractions, valid after the Fair ends.
• Come on Taste of the Fair Tuesday.On the Tuesdays the Fair is open (June 24 and July 1), from opening until 5:00PM, you can buy $2 taste-sized portions of some of your favorite Fair foods, such as corn dogs, fudge, fish tacos and cinnamon rolls. So many choices!
• Fridays are PennySaver Value Days. The PennySaver coupon book, free with your Fair admission, is packed with over $500 in discounts, two-for-one values, and other savings from more than 60 Fair vendors.
Save on Parking
• Save on parking and transportation!
Park free every day at Horsepark. Free shuttle buses run from 9:00AM until midnight (1:00AM on Friday and Saturday), and drop you off in front of the O’Brien Gate. On Saturdays, Sundays, and July 4, park free at MiraCosta College San Elijo campus and Torrey Pines High School.
• Ride the train or take the bus and save money: Amtrak and the COASTER stop at the Solana Beach station just north of the Fair. During the Fair, North County Transit District shuttles transport bus and train passengers to the Fair’s West Gate. From Escondido, take the NCTD route 408 with direct service between Escondido and the Fair. You can buy the Fair Tripper, a Fair admission and public transportation fare package; or present a same-day transit ticket at the West Gate window for an admission discount on adult, senior or child admission.
• Biking to the Fair: Bike racks are set up at the O’Brien Gate and the West Gate. Use your own bike lock at either location, at no charge.
Return to San Diego County Fair Main Page »