San Diego County Fair
Discount Admission & Parking
When: June 8 - July 4, 2013
(The Fair will be closed (on the first three Mondays),
June 10, 17 and 24.)
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds
2260 Jimmy Durante Boulevard
Del Mar, CA (map)
Phone: (858) 755-1161
24-hour recorded information:
More info: Events website
Enjoy the San Diego County Fair, while saving money on admission, rides, attractions, food and parking. Below are different ways to save, including Our Best Pass Ever, Pay-One-Price Ride Day, Tuesday is Kids' Day, PennySaver Value Days, off-site parking, and a free shuttle to the Del Mar Fairgrounds, and more.
Save on Admission
• Come often! Our Best Pass Ever is a season pass to the Fair —Get your ticket for 24 days of San Diego County Fair fun for just $24!
• Come with your friends! Save on admission when you come with a group. Please see the Group Sales page for details, and gather your friends together for maximum savings!
• In the military? Buy your tickets on base and save!
• Passport to Savings — This booklet has more than $1,000 in promotional savings at the Fair and around San Diego County. They range from a free ticket to return to the Fair (a $14 value) to discounts on Fair food, rides, games and products! Lots of great deals outside the Fair, too, from discounts to a San Diego Padres game to your favorite restaurants. The Passport to Savings is available every day during the Fair at a bargain price of $5 per book.
• Albertsons / Sav-on $4 Fair Days — Tuesday, June 11 or
Tuesday, June 18. Come to the Fair for just $4! Regular adult admission is $14; senior admission is $8, so this is a huge savings. These tickets available only at Albertsons / Sav-on stores; not be sold at the Fairgrounds.
• $10 minimum purchase required, using Albertsons / Sav-on Preferred Card.
• Each ticket valid for one day.
• Tuesday is Kids' Day; children 12 and younger are admitted free.
• Save $2 on adult admission tickets at Albertsons / Sav-on: Adult admission tickets are just $12 at Albertsons / Sav-on stores. Albertsons / Sav-on also has regular-price senior ($8, 62 and older) and children's ($8, ages 6-12) tickets. No minimum purchase required for these tickets.
• Visit a San Diego County Ford dealer and get four adult admission tickets for $32! Visit a Ford dealership and ask for your 4-tickets-for-$32 coupon! That's $8 each, nearly a 50-percent discount from the at-the-window price! (Weekdays only.)
• Visit a San Diego County Toyota dealer and get a 2-for-1 adult admission coupon! Visit a Toyota dealership to get a coupon valid for two adult admissions. That's a $14 savings! (Weekdays only.)
• Fair admission and the San Diego International Beer Festival, Friday through Sunday, June 21-23. Sample handcrafted brews from around the world. Visit the San Diego International Beer Festival page, located here, for further details
• Enter a Competitive Exhibits One-Day Contest: Enter one of our one-day Entry Department contests, and you get free admission to the Fair. Click the link for details. (Not all contests offered at the Fair offer free admission, so please read the additional details.)
• Be our guest if you've been laid off work
If you have been unemployed in the last 12 months, you and one guest can come to the Fair free. This offer also is available for "Golden State ADVANTAGE" card holders. Present an unemployment check stub (indicating a date between July 2012–June 2013) or your EDD debit card, with a photo ID, or your Golden State ADVANTAGE card, at the will-call window next to the O’Brien Gate. Offer good only on June 18 and June 25.
• Kids' Day! Every Tuesday
Children 12 and younger are admitted free. (Admission for ages 6-12 other days is $8.)
• Read and get in free! Children 12 and younger who read 10 or more books, verified by a teacher or librarian, get free admission any day of the Fair. (Regular child's admission is $8.) Click here for details and to print out the certificate.
Save on Rides• Save by buying admission & ride packages! If you like the rides, these ticket packages will save you up to 44-percent off the at-the-window prices.
• Come on Pepsi Pay-One-Price Ride Day: Want to enjoy the rides all day long for one price? You can, each Wednesday and Thursday during the Fair through June 28. Buy online and take advantage of special online-only Pay-One-Price Days!
• Try Your Luck For A Buck — On Wednesdays and Thursdays, you can play midway games for $1 per play, half the regular price, between noon and 8:00PM.
Enjoy the Free Attractions• Enjoy the shows: Entertainment on nine stages, plus daily animal or motor sports shows in the Del Mar Arena. Nationally known entertainers are featured nightly on the Heineken Grandstand Stage and the Ford Dealers Paddock Stage. All entertainment is free with admission, with the exception of a few Grandstand shows.
• Enjoy the exhibits: The Fair's Competitive Exhibits are free with admission; enjoy the amazing creations made/grown/baked by your neighbors!
• Surfside Race Place, the Fairgrounds' race book facility. Place a wager on horse races from all over the country, watch your horse cross the finish line, and collect your winnings! Or, enjoy a meal in air-conditioned comfort, or on one of the patios overlooking the Fair. Surfside Race Place is open every day the Fair is open, except Tuesdays, and admission is included in your Fair admission.
Save on Food
• Bring your lunch: Yes, it's allowed!
- No alcohol, glass containers or metal knives of any kind.
- Beverages must be in sealed containers
(you may bring an empty container for storage).
• Buy your child a Kids Meal at selected Meal Deal vendors. The $5.99 meal includes an entrée, side dish and drink, plus a child's admission to each of the following venues with a paid adult admission, valid after July 5: Living Coast Discovery Center (formerly the Chula Vista Nature Center), Birch Aquarium, The New Children's Museum, Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, San Diego Air & Space Museum and the U.S.S. Midway Museum.
• Come on Taste of the Fair Tuesday. Every Tuesday, you can buy $2 taste-sized portions of some of your favorite Fair foods, such as corn dogs, fudge, fish tacos and cinnamon rolls.
• Fridays are PennySaver Value Days. The PennySaver coupon book, free with your Fair admission, is packed with over $500 in discounts, two-for-one values, and other savings from more than 60 Fair vendors.
Save on Parking
• Save on parking and transportation!
Free parking at our off-site lots: Park free every day at Horsepark. Free shuttle buses run from 9:00AM until midnight (1:00AM on Friday and Saturday), and drop you off in front of the O'Brien Gate. On Saturdays, Sundays, and July 4, park free at MiraCosta College San Elijo campus and Torrey Pines High School.
• Ride the train or take the bus and save money: Amtrak and the COASTER stop at the Solana Beach station just north of the Fair. North County Transit District (NCTD) shuttles run between the station and the Fair's West Gate. From Escondido, take the NCTD route 408 with direct service between Escondido and the Fair. Present a transit ticket at the West Gate window any day of the Fair for a $3.50 admission discount on adult, senior or child admission.
Return to San Diego County Fair Main Page »