When: December 30, 2015
Time: Begins 10am
Where: From N. Harbor Drive and County Administration Blg to W. Harbor Drive and Pacific Hwy.
Downtown San Diego (map)
More info: Event website
Map: Download parade route map (pdf)
Holiday Parade Highlights
The scenic, bayside streets of downtown San Diego will come alive with the 2015 Port of San Diego Holiday Bowl Parade – a San Diego Bowl Games Production. As always, this exciting family event brings together world-class marching bands, magnificent floats, entertaining drill teams, and a procession of enormous balloons – more than any other parade! Over 100,000 street-side spectators will enjoy the parade along with a nationwide television audience.
Parade festivities will begin in the television area with the finals of the 19th annual Wienerschnitzel Wiener Nationals and the Bumble Bee Seafoods 5K Run/Walk.
*NOTE* – Tickets may be purchased at the grandstands on the day of the parade for $20, cash only. Grandstands are located at the intersection of Harbor Drive & Ash Street. Grandstand seating sold out last year.
Holiday Bowl Day – Event Timeline
9:30 a.m. Wienerschnitzel Wiener Nationals
9:45 a.m. Bumble Bee Seafoods 5K
10 a.m. Port of San Diego Holiday Bowl Parade
11:45 a.m. Battle of the Bands – Broadway Pier
7:30 p.m. Holiday Bowl
The parade leaves the staging area at 9:50 a.m. Telecast begins at 10:00 a.m. Ends at 11:30 a.m.
The best viewing is in the grandstanding seating near the Maritime Museum of San Diego because that is where specialty units and bands will perform for the telecast. In addition to the grandstand seating, anywhere along the parade route will also offer excellent views.
Parade festivities will begin in the television area with the finals of the annual Wienerschnitzel Wiener Nationals and the Bumble Bee Foods 5K. After the parade, activity will continue on Broadway Pier with games, entertainment at the annual Family Festival, sponsored by Amtrak.
- Harbor Drive from Grape to Broadway
- Pacific Highway (one southbound lane) from Grape to Ash
- Pacific Highway from Harbor to Broadway
- Harbor Drive from Broadway to Pacific Highway
- Bumble Bee 5K Start: In front of Holiday Inn on the Bay
- Bumble Bee 5K Finish: Tuna Harbor Park (on Harbor south of Broadway)
- Telecast Area: In front of the Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Wienerschnitzel Wiener Nationals Finals: Telecast area at 9:30 a.m.
- Grandstands: In front of the Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Ticket Booth and Will Call: Blue/White tent south of the Grandstands
- Big Bay Family Festival: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Broadway Pier
- Battle of Bands: At the Big Bay Family Festival at 11:45 a.m.
- Parade Disband: On Pacific Highway between Harbor and Broadway
- First Aid: Ambulance located at Broadway Pier, the 5K Finish and at Parade
- Headquarters (White tent in between County Health & Admin)
- Toilets: Along route
Where should I park?
Park in one of the many metered or pay parking lots in the downtown area or take the trolley to this great event! The best parking lot is at the corner of Pacific Highway & Broadway. Be sure to get there early to make the 9:45 Bumble Bee Foods 5K start.